Ride DetailCome out for the most fun gravel event of the summer! Offering 100 KM route winding you through the Iowa countryside.
While Iowa isn’t known for mountains, you will find over 4,500 ft of climbing through the Loess Hills over this 100-kilometer event (or about 63 miles) Course is guaranteed to test your limits- including gravel, rolling hills and minimum maintenance roads- all coming together to showcase Iowa’s signature landscape. Be ready for some fun! We look forward to seeing you out on the gravel!
New for the 2018 Ride:
- New Start/Finish location at Boehner Pond/ Park
- Post-ride food will be provided by local cyclist and chef, Jen Bebbe!!!
- Water and refreshments will be provided
- Photographer Angela Piece will be on-site taking photos throughout the day
- Start/finish at Boehner Pond Malvern, IA 51551
- $30 Registration Fee (Proceeds benefit Junior Racing )
- June 16th, 2018 (9am start)
- Registration will open April 20th (Spend your tax refund wisely)
- The Boehner Pond Campground (located just a few short blocks from the city-center of Malvern, IA) is a great camping option ($5/night for tent camping, $15/night for water/electric hookup)
- For traditional hotel-style accommodations, Omaha NE is a short drive to the West of Malvern– and has many hotel/motel/B&B offerings.
Take Interstate 480-S to US-75 S/US-34 to 315th St in Silver Creek (~35 miles). Continue on 315th St. Drive to Main St. in Malvern (~3 miles)
From the North (Sioux City/Sioux Falls)…
Take Interstate 29-S to US-275 S/US-34 W in Plattville (~115 miles). Take exit 35 from I-29 S. Continue on US-34 W to Main St in Malvern (~15 miles)
From the East (Des Moines/Central Iowa)…
Take Interstate 235 W to I-80 W (~10 miles). Take I-80 W to US-59 S in Avoca (~90 miles). Take exit 40 from I-80 W. Follow US-59 S and US-34 W to Main St in Malvern (~55 miles)
From the South (Kansas City)…
Take Interstate 70 W to I-29 N. Follow I-29 N to Council Bluffs (~160 miles). Take exit 32 from I-29 N. Continue on 221st St. Take US-34 E to Main St in Malvern (~15 miles)
Prizes for Top 3 in each category!!!
The course of 2018 will be modified to acomadoate new Start/Finish area
THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE WATER STOP @ MILE 30. PLEASE Plan Accordingly. The stop will be at Sugar Clay Winery. The aid station will be fully stocked.
If you are not sure how to use turn by turn directions please read the following article.